Wednesday, September 11, 2013

August

Here is our August in pictures:

I finally pulled out my parent's old keyboard from my Dad's garage and my mother-in-law gave me my first piano "lesson". I hope to be able to read basic music and play a few church songs for my family. Someday I want a real piano!

My awesome friend/neighbor watched my Luke for me so I could go to the Seattle Temple. Isn't it so beautiful? I love the peace it brings to me.

Tommy and I celebrated our 6 year wedding anniversary! We celebrated by hanging out at home and going to Ikea. We know how to party.



Luke and I went to Lake Wilderness with some of his favorite friends... our neighbors across the street! Luke had fun getting dirty in the sand.


My BFF Heather's wedding day finally came! I had fun with these two beauties at the rehearsal and the wedding!



 The gorgeous backdrop for the wedding.
 The bride and groom about to smash cake in eachother's faces. :)
 The first dance. The wedding was beautiful and so perfect! Congrats to Heather and Adam!!

As always, sleeping babies = favorite.

 I bought Luke some Mr. Bubbles for bathtime... he is obsessed with bubbles!
 My sister came for a visit with her boys!
 My dad, "Papa", with all his grandboys.
 Luke's cousin, Dylan, showed Luke how to ride a bike.
 Luke loves bikes and wants one so bad! Christmas present??
 My grandpa Bob (my mom's step-dad) came into town for a visit and we had a wonderful time. The last time I saw him was at my sweet grandma's funeral a few years ago and obviously it wasn't the happiest of occasions. Before that, it had been years since I had seen him. It was so nice spending time with him now that I am an adult. We had a really good time and I am so glad that Luke got to meet him.

Here we are at the Farmer's Market
My sister came into town so she could see Grandpa Bob, too! I always love when my sister visits. Oh, what we wouldn't do to live closer together. I love her!
 Grandpa Bob, Alisa (my brother's girlfriend!), my little brother Josh, my mama, and Luke and I at my mom's.

 I started playing church volleyball. I have never played before and I am pretty bad, but it is so much fun! I got this lovely bruise during practice. It was even worse the next day.
I'm pretty hardcore. (either that, or I just suck at volleyball and don't know how to bump the ball). :)

And Luke ran around most of August with no pants. That's just how we roll in our house!



 XOXO-