Ellie turned 7 months old last week! I really love this age... it is SO fun! I'm not going to lie, months 4-5 were a little rough with Ellie. I had a hard time with Luke at that age, too. But Ellie is back to her sweet self and I'm so happy!
This little girl just lights up a room, I tell ya! She has always been sweet, but she is starting to get such a funny little personality now. :)
At 7 months Ellie:
- Can CRAWL! It is so fun watching her explore the house and get around on her own now.
- Just finally tipped the scale to 14 pounds, according to our scale at home. Her next doctor's appointment isn't until 9 months, so I'm not sure of her percentiles. I'm sure they are in the low range, which is normal for her. Luke weighed 19 pounds a 7 months! lol
- Is getting really good at using her pincer grasp.
- Sits up on her own, but falls over a lot still and would rather be on the move than just sitting.
- Eats solids at dinner with us, but mostly still just nurses for food. At this age, eating solids is mostly for practice and exploration, than nutrition. I am going to up her solids this week though and start trying more chunky foods but...
- ...still no teeth! :) Luke got his first two teeth at 7 months, so I'm sure Ellie will get some soon.
- Loves trying to eat or drink whatever I have, and will take a bottle if it has breastmilk or water or pretty much anything EXCEPT formula! I've been trying to get her to drink formula for a while, just for if I need to leave her with Tommy or someone or emergencies, but she won't take it. I have a breastpump, but it takes me so long just to get the tiniest amount of milk out... so I have to plan way in advance if I need to leave a bottle of breastmilk for her, so I can pump a little bit each day. It's a nice medela pump, so I'm not sure what the problem is.
- Rarely spits up anymore.
- Has lost her baby breath. :( :( But she still has that delicious baby/kid scent when I smell the top of her head and I love it so much!
- Loves sticking her tongue in and out and giving kisses/sucking on people's faces. She loves sucking on anything really. :)
- Loves playing copy cat. She'll grunt, then I'll grunt, and we go on and on like that. She thinks it's hilarious.
- Is becoming so cuddly and it makes my heart so happy!
- Is not very ticklish, except for right under her armpit kind of by her ribs.
- Does really well in her carseat and in the car, usually.
- Starting to sleep MUCH better! She has always been a great napper, but was having a rough time at night for some reason. She would fall asleep fine (yes, I put her down "Drowsy but awake"!) but would always wake up a bunch after that and all night long. Now she is going to sleep and staying asleep or settling herself back to sleep after a minute if she does wake up. Thank goodness!
- Does this adorable squinty thing with her eyes and sticks her little tongue out at the same time. I have a picture posted of it above.
- I don't know if I've ever mentioned that she has a "stork bite" birth mark at the nape of her neck, just like her daddy and brother do. She also has a little one right between her eyebrows, but you can't really see it anymore.
- Is obsessed with my hair. She is always pulling it or trying to eat it and getting slobber in it. It makes me want to just shave my head off, but I love my hair right now and I really want to keep it long! I think I had already cut my hair short by this age with Luke. haha I just have to stay strong this time and not do it! But I am kind of digging the long bob style right now, too..... ;)