My big 1-year-old an her last monthly picture!
Since it was on a Saturday, we decided to have her birthday party on her actual birthday, and my mom was kind enough to let us throw it at her house. We ended up getting a bouncy house for the kids which was so much fun. Ellie LOVED it. The girl loves to bounce!
I planned a fun floral themed party, but since my mom lives over and hour away from us, I had a hard time getting there early enough to set all the stuff up that I had planned. But I decided to just not worry about it, and we all had a great time. Plus, I accidentally deleted most of the pictures from the party and about a million pictures I had taken of Ellie the day before for her "1-year shoot". :( But I was able to save a few of them, thankfully.
Ellie is just a miniature ball of energy and fun, constantly demanding attention (either through screaming and crying, or by doing hilarious or adorable things to make everyone laugh, haha). She is always on the go and getting into everything (she is obsessed with trying to get into the toilet and the trash!! Ahh). She is so much fun and turning out to be a lot like her older brother after all- feisty and spirited. She is so sweet and nurturing, always trying to help me do things and take care of people. She is a great listener and follows directions much better than Luke. haha :) She has the softest, wisps of super blonde hair (what little of it she has), and my favorite thing ever is smelling and kissing the top of her head, taking in her sweet baby scent. She is so dainty and feminine and seriously smells like strawberries and cotton candy. Here is a little bit more about my little monkey at 1 year:
- Weight: 16lbs 15oz (2nd percentile, told ya she was mini!)
- Height: 27 & 3/4 inches (10th percentile)
- Head circumference: 43cm (7-8th percentile)
- Still fits into most of her 3 month clothing (mostly tops, not the pants), but can also fit into things all the way up to 12 months, it just depends on the brand and style I guess!
- She is the tiniest thing ever. But she is nimble and quick and WALKING everywhere. I call her my little monkey because she can climb on and into anything, she sounds like a little monkey when she tries to talk, and, let's be honest, she kind of looks like a cute little monkey, too... pointy ears, big eyes, round face. It's hilarious.
- She is super loud and vocal. ;)
- She is sleeping great. Goes to bed easily, and even lets other people put her to bed. I can't tell you how nice that is for me. She usually sleeps through the night until 8ish, but sometimes will wake up earlier. If she wakes up before 6 I can usually put her back to sleep for another hour. Sometimes she takes two naps a day, but usually just one. Which I really like. I love the one long nap a day instead of two short ones.
- She has ONE tooth! Finally! And working on 5 more right now. :)
- In addition to mama, dada, and dog... she can say hi, bye bye, uh oh, no, and I think she tries to say yeah, and that (when she is pointing to something).
- She LOVES doggies!
- She loves swings.
- She climbed out of her crib during one of her naps and starting knocking on the door one day. It was so cute and I have no idea how she (thankfully) didn't get hurt. We had no clue she had gotten out until she started knocking on the door! Needless to say, we had to lower her crib all the way down. Told ya she was a little monkey!
- Her favorite foods are fruit (strawberries and blueberries especially), cheese, and any kind of carb or cookie. ;) haha I also just discovered that she likes lettuce!!
- She loves water! She has to have her sippy cup of water for every meal and usually wants it throughout the day, too.
- On the other hand, she hates cow's milk. I've been trying to wean her from nursing, but she is not having it. She still wants to nurse and doesn't really like milk. But she will take it every now and then, so I keep trying.
I could go on and on about this girl, but I will leave it at that for now. We are so happy Ellie girl joined our family over a year ago and couldn't love her anymore!